Solutions like puppy ultimately benefit the vendors of the hardware by providing free publicity and increasing the sales of their hardware. Requests to Topfield for donation or loan of development hardware go unanswered. I am now asking the community to pitch in and donate towards the cause. This is entirely optional and the donation does not have to be large.
The development of puppy has not halted. The following items are on my list of things to do next:
- Make puppy work with kernel 2.6 based Linux distributions.
- Diskless version - no need for external disk or USB flash, transfer directly to a networked PC.
- Wireless version - no cables to worry about.
- Web interface - configure everything using your browser.
- Standalone flash image - just flash and use, no need to perform any complex installation steps.
So, send some money or even just a message of encouragement - contact details are just to the left.