- puppy - Linux software for talking with Topfield PVRs. Forms a basis for various other solutions, such as ftpd-topfield.
- NSLU2 firmware development - ensuring that the alternative firmwares developed by the NSLU2-Linux community can be used to connect to Topfield PVRs.
- The TAP Project at BerliOS - resources for TAP developers.
- TGD specification - the defacto standard for getting EPG and timer data onto a Topfield PVR. Cornerstone technology for both applications such as TED/TEDS and for TAPs, such as EPG_uploader.
- Open Sourcing of icebox - development and subsequent Open Source release of a commercial platform for delivering an EPG feed to Topfield PVRs. This technology uses a wireless router, customised to deliver EPG and TAPs to your Toppy without the need to have a PC connected or turned on.
- The original JavaXMLTV to TGD harvester - only a prototype to demonstrate the process of EPG delivery to the Toppy, this hack has now become a defacto standard for getting Australian EPG onto the Toppy.
(BTW: I do not endorse the use of this solution anymore - an IceGuide subscription from IceTV is preferable)
You can use the Paypal button to send a donation if you have not had the opportunity to donate yet.
Your contributions are very much appreciated. The total amount donated in one week since the post is roughly equivalent to the total amount donated in the previous 12 months.
It is good to see that there are people in the community who appreciate the efforts to further evolve the limited functionality provided by vendors of various devices to a level that actually suits consumers.
The collected funds come just in time for my birthday and will be pooled together with my "birthday money" to purchase resources required for development of solutions that allow the Toppy to better integrate into your digital lifestyles.
I expect to be involved in a project that builds on top of technologies such as puppy and provides the ability to remotely control your PVR. Appropriate announcements will be made in due time.